BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Trim

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wood Trim

Standard wood trim profiles should be added to the custom profile manager. Or do this as a new tool similar to the custom profile manager.
6 REPLIES 6
Erika Epstein
Booster
There are quite a few wood moldings in the US library. What is missing is
- option for a custom profile
- ability to angle and/or slope
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm looking for much more. I love the flexibility of the custom profile. It was a great addition to ArchiCAD. It can do so much more. I want to be able to grab a pre-loaded trim and draw it all around my kitchen cabinets, place a cove around the room etc. rather than assemble a bunch of objects. I do this myself, but would rather have at my fingertips than create my own trims.

Also, the collection of trim is less than half what our local supplier carries. 6 crowns in the library 15 at the local supplier.
Erich
Contributor
We definitely do not need a new tool just for trims. It would be much better for our existing tools to be made sufficiently sophisticated that they can handle the situations that arise in construction and finish carpentry.

I wouldn't mind having some standard trim profiles ship the AC but if they start along this path then there must be better organization of the profile library.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
The suggestion for the new tool was to keep 100 or so standard trim profiles out of the custom profile manager. I'm now thinking it would be better to give the profile manager the ability to categorize profiles into folders. That way one could manage them more effectively.
Anonymous
Not applicable
phubbell wrote:
........ I'm now thinking it would be better to give the profile manager the ability to categorize profiles into folders. That way one could manage them more effectively.
Right on.
And I'll bet this has been ask for a thousand times.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the best way to handle trim profiles would be to ask Graphisoft to apply these profiles to existing tools ... doors and windows could make use of profiles for custom casings, the roof and slab tools could apply profiles to their edges, etc...

We really need something more sophisticated than simple rectangular flat casing around doors and windows!
Learn and get certified!