Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

USA Window Library Desperately Needs an Update

4hotshoes
Advisor

It has been mentioned many times before. The window and door tools need to be updated as a priority. Please move this development to the front of the line on the Road map.

I am trying to place a simple fixed window with a fixed transom, where the transom is much smaller than the main window. This is normal in the USA. The two should be one window. But the USA library has a fixed window with an awning window on top. This is so stupid. Why not a fixed window in the fixed window library? There is a multi-pane window in the library but this divides all panes equally rather than letting the user to choose. This is also stupid! It would be such a simple update. But this requires another work around of using two fixed window units which messes up the schedule, because this is manufactured as one unit. This makes my work much more tedious than it should be. Please replace (or create a new) the library window fixed unit with a useless awning unit stuck on top with a fixed unit with another fixed unit stuck on top. Please do this one small thing for the next minor update without burdening the staff with a whole tool rebuild and I will know that GS does read these threads and is willing to make our lives better in small ways. Thanks

Screen Shot 2023-11-08 at 1.53.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-11-08 at 1.55.55 PM.png

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
4 REPLIES 4
jl_lt
Ace

Hi! I'm not on the PC right now, but i think there is an option where You can select the opening type for each leaf

Lingwisyer
Guru

US Window shananigans? From the AUS / INT Basic Window.

Lingwisyer_0-1699581590592.png

Lingwisyer_4-1699582200669.png

Lingwisyer_3-1699582184964.png

From the AUS / INT Vertical Multi-Sash Window

Lingwisyer_5-1699582230616.png

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

I don’t understand why we in the US don’t have that part available for the US version. Its right there. How hard would it be to add it to all versions? Does GS not understanding how close they are in making AC a better product?

so no, I cannot do anything like your screen shows

I have been asking GS for years to please give us a window like that, where the user can choose the operation and number of sashes and size of sashes. I figured it would be a lot of work to develop such a library part. But now I see it is available and has been. GS is clearly dysfunctional and clearly does not read our requests and does not care about doing the right things for all. That one part would make my life sooooo much easier. And yet, it is on the other side of the planet, in the same product of Archicad, but not available in the US. That makes absolutely no sense. Why do we have different libraries?

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)

I agree with your high level of frustration, shared by many if not most.  The reasons things have been the way they have is related to the localized libraries being developed by (or on behalf of) the localized distribution 'center' (e.g., Graphisoft North America for the USA lib) with revenue from local sales with the intent/hope to tailor things for specific country requirements / product availability.   Dates back to the origins of Archicad spreading beyond Hungary more than 30 years ago.

Of course, we live in a global economy now, and flexible objects that can be parameterized to match needs globally are what are needed - yet windows and doors (the most complex library parts) call on a plethora of common macros related to the localization that are written in unfathomable code - and there end up being macro and other conflicts when attempting to load libraries from different localizations.   (It can be done by an expert with a lot of work and patience - if access to that library is made available.)  Yeah, I'd like those AUS windows too!  Like forever.

Graphisoft supposedly has library unification on the road map (although I can't find it just now).  I just hope that we live to see it. 

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!