BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Update zone - Right click

giza
Booster

When working with zones and selecting them,  I wish to have the option on the right-click context menu to open the update zone dialog, or even better to have the option to click so it automatically updates the selected zone without needed steps on the Update zone dialog.

Gezim Radoniqi | Architect | BIM Manager @ 4MGroup
ArchiCAD user since version 6
AMD Ryzen 3950X CPU, 64 GB RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12GB
1 REPLY 1
Marc H
Advisor

Well, you can add the Update button to your toolbar.  It’s a couple of clicks faster than the menu. (If I am working on a lot of zone edits I also leave the pop-up dialog box open).  I haven’t added a keyboard shortcut yet, but I expect you can if you use it frequently.  I have a few custom key commands for other edits and they work well.

With that, I agree GS needs to review workflows as with so many newer features and modeling trends to make the platform more fluid in ways such as the one you suggest.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Learn and get certified!