BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

WISH: True multi monitor support on windows

Archireid
Contributor

Self explanatory, be able to move tabs to a different window without stretching the main archicad window across multiple screens.

6 REPLIES 6
Lingwisyer
Guru

https://graphisoft.com/product-roadmap/multi-window-multi-view

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Good to see its on the list, looks like it's still pretty far of I guess?

baixiaodong
Booster

It means that you can see the interactive operation of the plane or the elevation at the same time? If it is this wish, I support it

Archireid
Contributor

Yes basically, elevation one screen, floor plan another etc
I imagine you would have to click into a view to get updates, real time updating all open views might be too heavy on performance?

Would be ideal if it was real time interactive though.

Illes Papp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi,

we have an item in the Idea Pool on our roadmap covering this topic. I have added this conversation to the wishes. Please keep the conversation going and share your thoughts, ideas, workarounds in this topic.

Kind regards,

Illés

Illés Papp
GRAPHISOFT Senior Product Manager
Mar_vojt_
Participant

Hi,

if you look at other 3D software like Rhino / Blender / 3Ds max, they show a model in 4 windows with real-time overview of the model and you can clearly see what are you doing. It is more responsive and more connected to a workflow of a designer.

But Archicad is having hard time rendering elements even for simple shading model. I don't know how, but i think that is has somehow slow  engine for computing geometry in a view. I also work in Blender and it can handle millions of polygons in one model without shutter. When I switch to Archicad I can feel it is very slow even for 100k polygon model. I know it is due to solid element operations and other stuff, but I still think it is too slow.

Have a nice day

Martin

Learn and get certified!