Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall priorities and intersections

R Muller
Enthusiast
I am trying to clean up the intersections of some complex walls that I made in the Profile editor. Having a hard time understanding the instructions from the help menu.

First of all, when assigning priorities, is priority 1 considered to be "higher" or "lower" than priority 8? The English language is confusing is this respect. "First" priority is more important than "second" priority, but I don't know if ArchiCAD uses it the same way.

Second, what does it mean to assign "core component" status to a given element? How does this change how it will look in 2D intersections? Can there or should there be more than one element of the wall section with "core component" status?

Third, what do hotspots do if placed in the profile window? Do they do somethind special?
R Muller
AC 26 USA (20+ years on ArchiCAD)
MBP 64GB Apple M1 Max OS 12.1 Monterey
28 REPLIES 28
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Chris wrote:
what a great graphic! I haven't had to get into modifying priorities, but I'll referencing this when I do.
I agree with the comments of others, Cecilia's graphic is excellent.

For those that intend using this to control your wall intersections
then remember you will also need to create as many different
wall composites
as you have different intersections.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Djordje
Ace
Cecilia, Graphisoft should hire you to do the manuals! Great work!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, thanx for all the nice feedback. Glad it was of some help to you all.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just saw this.
GS, please spend more money on the manual to include concise examples like Cecilia's. Especially new or complex things.
You can't expect new commercial users, who have not used the program before to not be pi_sed off when they find out how complex this program really is. Archicad is great , but it really is a life changing event to be committed to fully learning the program.
I agree, hire her to make examples, if she has more like that,
then Cecilia also deserves another "house"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great work, Cecilia! Nice and clear explanation!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree this is a great representation! I have a twist - what happens when you come to an inside corner? I cannot get my interior wall to "tie in" with my exterior wall. I have attached a picture and I want wall 2 to look like wall 1. Both walls are the same.
Anonymous
Not applicable
same as in Cecilia graphic..
Anonymous
Not applicable
Find the difference..
Anonymous
Not applicable
Change Composite Structure and thats all..
Composite.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Guys, maybe is should peruse that career in Manual Making for Graphisoft... Any one know if they are hiring at the moment!!! haha Thanx all simply sharing what we know is what makes the program so nice!