Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

How do I create a Room Finish Schedule...?

DaveOlufs
Participant
I have been working at this for 2 days trying to create a roof finish schedule. I'm not remotely close to something that may work and it's so vastly different from anything I used to create without a BIM application (2d). Granted, I'm new at this but it can't be that difficult... What I've created seems like smoke and mirrors and it's only partially interactive.

Below is the so-called room schedule. This is not a Zone List as I believe I should be trying to use. I've not been able to modify any zone list much less be able to read them without really zooming in.

How do I link wall finishes (NSEW) to the zone settings? Basically, I don't have a clue. Where can I start to learn how to make a room schedule that notes: floor substrate/finish, base substrate/finish, wall substrate/finish (NSEW walls), ceiling substrate/finish/height, and remarks?

The last thing I want to do is create a schedule from my own computer-mind. I can see the information, I just can't extract it from AC...
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...
9 REPLIES 9
Erika Epstein
Booster
Is the schedule you show different from what you want it to look like? If so, post a shot of what you used to do.

Also, post a shot of the settings for your schedule.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
DaveOlufs
Participant
Thanks Erika...

Attached is the Scheme Settings that I've been able to modify but it's all fakery. The schedule shown above is not what I want indicated. In the past I note the following: FLOOR substrate/finish, BASE substrate/finish, WALL substrate/finish for NESW walls, CEILING substrate/finish/height. Then I attach specifications regarding finish materials and execution.

I've gone to modifying an existing AC12 interactive door schedule and cannot get all the doors to relate to their room number. No amount of setting and resetting works. One door is a sliding door and the other is an overhead door. I've had problems with overhead doors in that I need to show glazing similar to a commercial OH door. But one thing at a time...
Picture 3.png
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...
Aussie John
Newcomer
I've been using Archicad since 1993 and I still want to know how to do a finishes schedule . (and a decent door and window schedule for that matter).

Unless v13 is making a liar out of me schedules are hard work and you can never get what you want.

It would be simple if zones could apply a material to each surface (or a custom description, or inherit the bounding wall type) and all would be easy.

Why I'm on the zone rant why doesnt the height should expand to the height of the room like it expends to the room size.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Dave,

James Murray posted a really useful guide on his website on how he does finish schedules. It is well worth a read to understand the techniques and, more importantly, the limitations. It was written for AC11 but I don't believe a great deal has changed for AC13.

http://www.onland.info/archives/2008/03/finish_schedule_1.php

It sounds like you may need to edit the zone stamp to add some extra parameters to manually fill in, in order to get exactly what you need to see on the schedule.
DaveOlufs
Participant
It sounds like you may need to edit the zone stamp to add some extra parameters to manually fill in, in order to get exactly what you need to see on the schedule.

I will try to do that when I can get the basic schedule items to show-up on the schedule. I can't seem to do that... In the ZONE stamp, there is adequate information for me to start the set up of a schedule but I cannot access or find the information to list it in a schedule.

I used AC5 thru AC6.5. I think it was 6.5 when they introduced Calculations. It was confusing and complicated then and doesn't seem to have changed. As much as I'd like to be 1/10th as good as Mr. Karl Ottenstein, I've got a long way to go...

A light may come on and I'll get but until then I wish it was just a simple process, like filling out an EXCEL spreadsheet and linking it to AC... then it would show exactly what I want and have shown for nearly 30 years.
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

Erika Epstein
Booster
Dave,
Can you add your AC version and OS to your profile please.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dave,

After spending 2 days trying to get it to work you must be ready to throw the monitor out the window!

Adding extra fields to display in a schedule is actually very simple. If I were you I'd start from scratch and gradually add in detail while you get the hang of it. Don't try to create a finished schedule yet, just have a play.

Open the schedule you want to adjust, then click the 'Scheme Settings' button in the top right corner. To find the extra information contained in zone stamp click the Additional Parameters (1) button at the bottom, then navigate to the zone stamp you are using (2), then add the required parameters from the long list available (3&4). Press Ok when done (5).

You can now change the order that the items will appear in the schedule by dragging the parameters by the little double arrow up and down the list (6). When you press Ok the schedule you have open should automatically update with the new fields, and hopefully display the data you have manually entered in!

That should get you started.
finishes_sched1.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think you're past this point Dave , but for others, here's my basic window schedules; one for Existing One for New.
Noted as Peter said; regarding moving the selected items up or down in the order you want them listed from left to right.
As you can see, I have two basic window schedules, one for new windows and one for existing, but of course you have to tag your windows so they know which schedule to show up in.

Don't feel bad if you haven't been here yet.
A friend who has been using AC for 5yrs hasn't been using these automated schedules, and she works in a Architects office!
Some people just like doing some things manually.
Not all of us can know everything, that's for sure.
This programs way too complicated for that!
Which is especially quite obvious in my case:-)))
lec
Maybe someone will come along and show the next step into the scary unknown.
Anonymous
Not applicable
why can I not edit zone -room name or room number in the schedule- for instance? The layers are visible and unlocked. Having some stuff editable and some not seems to make a mockery of the tool...