Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

What are new tools for ARCHICAD 13?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello 🙂
I was wondering if we maybe know what new tools we can expect with the new version of Archicad?
I finaly hope for 3D composite structure layers to be visible, also their 2D representation to be automaticly adjusted to the layer thickness (eg. thermal insulation).
Slab layers and their intersection with wall layers...
Also maybe while defining wall composite layers we can also define each layer height.
Better and more detailed quantity take-off is a must.
221 REPLIES 221
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
Official informations:
http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/#
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
What are the new features of ArchiCAD 13?
The new features of ArchiCAD 13 among others are: Next Generation Teamwork, Oriented Views, Annotated Schedule Drawings, More Flexible Setup/Display of Interactive Schedules, Expanded Listing Options Using Calculation Rules, Direct Editing of Curtain Wall Reference line, Editable Curtain Wall Height Parameter, Objects Saved into the Project, Model View Options for Library Parts, Enhanced Automatic Dimensioning Options for Doors/Windows, Symbolic Soft Insulation, Image Fill as Cover Fill, Gradient Fill Enhancements, Slab/Roof Edge Custom Settings, Improved OpenGL Display for Smooth Edges in 3D, Ruler, Dynamic „Fit in Window” Zooming when Navigating Among Views, Improved Find & Select, Boundary Contour Options for Section/Elevation/Interior Elevation, Export Multiple Layouts into Single DWG, Filter DWG Elements by Layer when Opening as ArchiCAD File, Improved Options for Saving to Custom Layers, Keep Exploded DWG Drawings on Single Layer, Standard Steel Column/Beam Profiles, Define Load-Bearing/Non-Load-Bearing Structure for Construction Elements, 64-bit Computing on Windows
Major update or what?? We got something to discuss tonight..
bgoodale
Booster
for smalltime individual users such as myself, who don't have the latest suped-up computers, the new server functions and 64-bit don't mean much. i can see how that would be a major benefit to larger companies and/or people with fast, memory laden computers.

in terms of the modelling improvements, i am not very impressed. the stuff they added is useful, but not very significant. there is so much crucial stuff on the wishlist that has not been addressed.
AC 25
WINDOWS 10
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.4 GHZ
128 GB RAM
64 Bit Operating System x64 based processor
AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
bgoodale wrote:
for smalltime individual users such as myself, who don't have the latest suped-up computers, the new server functions and 64-bit don't mean much. i can see how that would be a major benefit to larger companies and/or people with fast, memory laden computers.
The server functions have not much to do with the speed of the computer. The point is that the server can run on any machine, you do not need a "multi-billion dollar" workstation because it is not that resource hungry.

Also, memory is cheap, so it is not a huge cost to add several additional GBs of RAM. Then with a 64-bit OS and 64-bit AC you are ready to go even if your computer does not have the fastest processor.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
bgoodale
Booster
that's all well and good, but it doesn't do anything for the long list of items that should be addressed in modelling.
AC 25
WINDOWS 10
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.4 GHZ
128 GB RAM
64 Bit Operating System x64 based processor
AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT
Karl Ottenstein
bgoodale wrote:
there is so much crucial stuff on the wishlist that has not been addressed.
I don't think anyone will disagree with you on that. 😞

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mario wrote:
Slab layers and their intersection with wall layers...
Better and more detailed quantity take-off is a must.
Still nothing
This is a priority and for me the basic idea of BIM. Creating a true 3D representation of a building.
This all should have been done in version 2 or 3 and from there continuing with all the fancy stuff.
Anonymous
Not applicable
....is there anything happening on this front?

Thanks Cary
Anonymous
Not applicable
The reason I am reviving an old post is that the only reference to our problem is in this post. We are using Archicad 13.

The tracker keeps turning it's self off. Is this a bug??? Or is it something we are doing. It affects alot of people in the office so it is not just limited to one machine.

Thank you in advance
Anonymous
Not applicable
Guzilla wrote:
The reason I am reviving an old post is that the only reference to our problem is in this post. We are using Archicad 13.

The tracker keeps turning it's self off. Is this a bug??? Or is it something we are doing. It affects alot of people in the office so it is not just limited to one machine.

Thank you in advance
Yes, this is a bug. The easy workaround is that the default shortcut to activate/deactivate the tracker is to hit the "j" key. This works on the fly so you don't even have to stop what you're doing when you notice it isn't there. For me it stays on for the duration of a session but turns off when I restart ArchiCAD.