Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

TEAMWORK notification message improvements

Anonymous
Not applicable
I really think the teamwork message needs to be more noticeable either through the pop up box appearing and remaining until either actioned or otherwise moved or through a chime style noise to alert the users of the new request.

It is proving slightly irritating having to call people in other offices to ask them to grant requests because they have not noticed the subtle message pop-up before it fades away.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
This would be a good improvement, my office is currently also using the "yell across the desk" technique to have requests honoured to in a reasonable amount of time.
Erika Epstein
Booster
I think this was wished for before, but it is worth yelling about again. I get hoarse yelling across the ocean to colleagues in Dubai and Australia
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try changing the message priority from Normal to High, then the message will stick until you deal with it.
Gerald D Lock
Advocate
I notice that this is still the bane of my Teamwork existence, despite various work-arounds.
Slack messaging was very effective at my last office when yelling/waving/poking wasn't easy, mainly because Slack pushes DESKTOP NOTIFICATIONS (in Windows anyway. Not sure how this functions in a MacOS environment)
This kind of alert is very effetcive because it pops to the front of ALL windows, so you see it regardless of what app you're currently working in.
This was the most-cited cause for not seeing notifications "sorry, I was just checking email/working on a spreadsheet etc..."

Most apps have an 'enable desktop notifications' permissions option.

Please add this to ArchiCAD!
ArchiCAD 24 (build 5004)

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) Apple M1 Pro 32GB RAM | MacOS 12.0.1

Melbourne, Australia
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi Gerald,

thank you for following up on this thread. We will evaluate what can be done on our end to improve this.

As you previously used Slack, would an integration with such communication apps make sense? I mean if it would be available would you use it, to channel all notifications into one platform?
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT