Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Show some of your Renderings

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought it would be a fun idea to show some renderings of homes you've designed in Archicad, kind of like a little portfolio or show and tell.

So I'll start with a few:

361 REPLIES 361
And finally a side-by-side comparison of a raw render image without any photoshopping ot postprocessing shenanigans and the stylized final image.

Raw render:

Post processed:

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bricklyne Clarence... Those are absolutely stunning. I can't believe how realistic they look ! Just out of interest, what spec is your computer please ? This is something I'm definitely going to learn over the summer break.
TMA_80
Enthusiast
I second that, Great work Bricklyne!

... the postprocessing is really amazing

is this a vray rendering ?! & for the (photoshoped part ?!) any specific plugin?
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
NStocks wrote:
Bricklyne Clarence... Those are absolutely stunning. I can't believe how realistic they look ! Just out of interest, what spec is your computer please ? This is something I'm definitely going to learn over the summer break.
These images were rendered on my AMD Phenom Quadcore 2.2 GHZ with 8GB RAM.
TMA_80 wrote:
I second that, Great work Bricklyne!

... the postprocessing is really amazing

is this a vray rendering ?! & for the (photoshoped part ?!) any specific plugin?
Yes, Vray (in 3ds MAX) and for the Photoshop mostly just regular filters and layers but specifically Digital Film Tools 55mm version 7.5 suite of filters and tools.

Normally I would just render exterior shots staright out of ArchiCAD using the Maxwell plugin, but because I wanted to add the plants and grass and do some of the other effects, I opted just to go with Vray. Plus, Vray has this great option called Vray elements that allows you to render out various passes of The Atmopshere effect, a Depth Map (for the simulated camera Depth of field), an Alpha map, and many more, which can then be composited and adjusted in Photoshop to suit the look you're looking for.

I should mention that I also did some of the flare and glare effects in Adobe AfterEffects, and also used this free mini-program called RealCamera by MOTIVA which allows you to simulate Chromatic Aberration, and a more enhanced vignette look, and also has Colour mapping or Camera tone mapping templates for quite a bunch of Industry standard cameras.
Dwight
Newcomer
And the entourage?
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight wrote:
And the entourage?
Do you mean the plants and the furniture?

All 3D models. Plants are a mixture between Onyx Trees, Guruware's Ivy generator (free Ivy generating script for 3ds Max) and some other plants and trees from my collection; all turned into Vray proxies to facilitate faster rendering and better memory management. The grass is also a plugin for Vray called Autograss.

The furniture is all ArchiCAD library models actually (not native GS library models, but AC gsm models nonetheless).

The lamps and the fire are all simple custom objects quickly modelled in Max.

I tend not to use people (3D or otherwise) in my renders because the 3D models available out there tend to be too low resolution and not textured well enough, that they don't render as well enough as the rest of the scene. I also tend to avoid adding 2D bitmap people images in post-processing because I'm not that good enough (yet) at integrating them well enough with the lighting and I don't have a decent enough or extensive enough library collection of 2D people to use.

I think it takes a special kind of skill and a very good eye to successfully integrate 2D people into a 3D rendered image without them taking viewers completely out of the scene and ruining it with inconsistent lighting, shadows, and reflections and I don't believe I'm that capable yet.
Dwight
Newcomer
Yes.
Plants and Furniture = Entourage = the fancy Canajan word for things placed in the scene that usually ruin it. [Unlike in your scene, however, where even foreground plants are carefully shdowed]
Dwight Atkinson
Emre Senoglu
Expert
Here's some renders from my latest work

A private villa project in a suburban area (Izmir, Turkey). Modeled in archicad 13, rendering in c4d with native engine, and post in photoshop ( all the vegetation ). Can't remember the exact rendering time, but should be around 1-2 hours thinking that the actual 3d is only the villa itself which is a pretty simple model.

A renovation project in the city of Izmir, Turkey. Model in Archicad 13, rendering in c4d with native engine and post in photoshop. 3000x1600 pixels, rendering time around 2 hours.

And this one is a recent school project about the details of a wooden villa. Model in Archicad 13, rendering in c4d with native engine and a little post in photoshop. rendering time less than an hour.

I use a Macbook Pro 2.66ghz dual core for all my work
AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk

greysheep5
Contributor
some new images of our visualization-company www.cy-architecture.com ...

modeling of all the images shown mostly done in archicad, finishing and rendering in 3dsmax with vray, post production with photoshop and lightroom.
christoph koehler I cy architecturevisualization.
www.cy-architecture.com
www.facebook.com/cyarchitecturevisualization