BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

CREATING SOFFITS

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you create a soffit & fascia WITHOUT GETTING DOUBLE LINES WERE THEY MEET. We have been using walls for the fascia and slabs for the soffit but they don't join like walls so we are getting additinal lines in eithe ???????????
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Create a Complex Profile of the soffit & fascia together. That way you can stretch the soffit to the desired width, We do that works great.
Anonymous
Not applicable
WE ARE CURRENLY USING ACAD 9 ???????? NO COMPLEX PROFILE TOOL
rjwilden
Booster
Tell me how do you get horizontal soffit to clean up with a soffit at a gable end. I tried this for a bit but gave ,as it looked terrible at the corners, and went back to the buggy Cadimage roof tool.

Richard.
Richard Wilden Design. Ltd
Dunedin, New Zealand.
Imac 27" i9 3.6GHz; 32GB Ram Mac OS 11.3
Archicad V23:V24
rjwilden wrote:
Tell me how do you get horizontal soffit to clean up with a soffit at a gable end. I tried this for a bit but gave ,as it looked terrible at the corners, and went back to the buggy Cadimage roof tool.

Richard.

can you post a picture?

Try using SEO ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
THANKS FOR THE TIP I SOLVE MY PROBLEM BY USING A ROOF INSTAEDY OF A SLAB THEN I USED THE TRIM TO ROOF COMMAND TO INTERSECT FACIA OF AND THE SOFFIT.
Learn and get certified!