Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Title block DISAPPEARING???

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently got into a teamwork project and have been doing some work. All of a sudden, I notice as I'm placing drawings on sheets, the title block is missing. I've gone into the master layout and made sure all the layers are on, etc. and that does nothing (it's on the Archicad layer anyway). I restart the program, sign back in, and they are there. Then later, they are gone again. It seems like once they're gone I have to restart the program to get them to come back.

I even print it out, still not showing. Has anyone come across this?

Maybe I am the worlds greatest magician and can make the master layout disappear, but then I guess I'm not that good because I can't get it to come back....
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
I consulted the squirrel and he also has no clue.
KenMcN
Contributor
We had the same problem. Quitting Archicad and opening the file again seemed to make them come back.

I'm not sure if it's resolved by the recent patch or not, but we've started going back to Plotmaker files instead of linking to a view from a 'title sheet' - seems more reliable (and quicker overall).

Hope this helps a little.

Kenny
V25 & 26 (fully patched); Mac Ventura, MacBook Pro M1 Max
Try switching the layout to a different master and switching it back. That's always worked for me.

Another perma-bug.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Erich
Contributor
This is hillarious...I have never had this happen until this posting. I then went to a current project to poke around and see if there were any settings to turn off the line work, etc. on the master and suddenly my title blocks no longer show up in any of my layouts. I tried changing the title block and while others would show, the desired one would not (sorry James).

A restart seems to fix it all however (latest build of AC 12).

Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
FWIW
I keep my master(s) layout template (title block) in a separate .pln and use it as a "placed external drawing".
No problems here.
Bier
Rick Thompson
Expert
When it happens to me I find that layer was off... somehow.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm might be missing something,(as is many times the case), but why would anyone not always put title drawing on Archicad layer for stability?