Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCad 12, shuts down at save/ open - Acer computer

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've bought a new computer Acer aspire 5920 G with Vista premium.
2 duo processor, 1.83 GHz, 320 GB

The installation is fine, but when I open the program and try to save a prosject or open a new prosject ArchiCad crashes, and the bug report shows up. Have anyone experienced anything similiar???
I've sent a mail to archicad support, they told me that it might be because of a firewall, so I tried to shut down the firewall, but didnt help.
Have also tried to uninstall the program 2-3 times, but still the same. Also tried to install version 11 instead, but the same problem occur. Can it be because im using Vista? I got Archicad 11 and 12 installed on my old computer, and there it works fine ( Windows XP)

If anyone could help me, it would be highly appreciated!
24 REPLIES 24
Erika Epstein
Booster
I can't help other than to concur. On someone's new laptop with vista archicad 11 and 12 kept crashing. Never could resolve the problem. They exchanged Vista for XP.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have an ACER Aspire 8920G which is the big brother of your computer.
Yes, I experienced the same, here is what to do:
There is a program that Acer installs by default. It is called Acer eDataSecurity of something like that. It for some reason does not let ArchiCAD work correctly.
I went to Start menu\Settings\Control Panel\Programs and Features, uninstalled it and everything is fine since.
After uninstalling you may need to restart the system.

By the way, I was told by the sales guys that these cannot have XP on them because Acer did not write driver programs for XP for these models.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the reply. I tried to delete the eData Encryption, restarted the computer, but still the same problem:( But I didnt find the file at the program and features, had to search for it and then delete it.. but it is still in the paperbucket, maybe I have to completly delete it from my system??
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You have uninstall it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
I have an ACER Aspire 8920G which is the big brother of your computer.
Yes, I experienced the same, here is what to do:
There is a program that Acer installs by default. It is called Acer eData Encryption of something like that. It for some reason does not let ArchiCAD work correctly.
I went to Start menu\Settings\Control Panel\Programs and Features, uninstalled it and everything is fine since.
After uninstalling you may need to restart the system.

By the way, I was told by the sales guys that these cannot have XP on them because Acer did not write driver programs for XP for these models.
I have an ACER Aspire 8920G with Vista (german version)
I install archicad 12 but when i try to save something it turns off...
i try to find (Acer eData Encryption) but i didnt found it
could somebody help me to fix this problem
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Go to the Programs and Features page of the Vista Control Panel and show m on a screenshot what kind of Acer programs are installed on your system. The Acer programs will be at the beginning of the list and there should be about a dozen of them.
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Go to the Programs and Features page of the Vista Control Panel and show m on a screenshot what kind of Acer programs are installed on your system. The Acer programs will be at the beginning of the list and there should be about a dozen of them.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
OK, try to uninstall the Acer eDataSecurity Management item and see if that helps.
After the uninstall you may need to restart the system for changes to take effect.
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
OK,
I unistall it and it works pefectly thanks for your help..

If you plan to visit Kosovo,, be my guest.....

Thanks again