Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Not so much a new user but...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Evening all,

I'm not a ArchiCAD user so much as a customer of an architec that has supplied me an ArchiCAD file and i need some help navigating it.

I've got the program installed on my Mac and i have the .pla file happily sitting on my desktop and when i open it apart from a library issue i see a top down view of the property.

I was also sent a 3D drawing of the property that I can only guess was made in the software but of course i'm not sure how to.

Can someone point me in the direction of some sort of idiots guide to get from a top down view ( see link 1 ) , to something that i can render up ( see link 2 ) , so give me a better view of my property.

Many thanks in advance.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/montpillard/2993034819/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/montpillard/2993043739/
2 REPLIES 2
Eduardo Rolon
If everything is ok with your installation, you might try the following shortcuts;
F3 to go to the 3D window
F2 to return
____
if you have the navigator open (usually placed on the right side of the screen) you can navigate using the buttons at the top
to;

1) Model view = model work environment and there is a 3D option in the list
2) View Sets = the views that are saved from the model with their specific settings, your rendered 3D view might be there with the specific settings
3) layout View = were you see the views from 2 placed on drawing sheets.

Double clicking on any item in those list will open the appropriate window.
HTH
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
LCaller:

In addition to Eduardo's ideas, if you place a camera in the plan window, select that camera, then go to the 3d Window, then you will see the project from that camera's viewpoint. Go to Help > ArchiCAD Help, click on the search tab, enter "camera" in the search box, you will see help files for this tool. The help files here should be very useful to you.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14