Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Wall texture material

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone knows how to put two different texture material on a same wall? I a trying to create one single wall where the bottom portion has a different texture than the top part.
I.e. bottom part= stone top part= bricks.

Is it also possible to separate the texture horizontally and vertically at the same time?
Thank you for your help in advance!!

Sincerely,

DDJUSA
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
you could create a short wall and then create one over it

for example, you create a 1500 height wall which is 0 to current story, then you create one start from current story 1500 and the height is 1300.
different pattern wall.png
Dwight
Newcomer
You'd be making a complex profile and extrude it as a wall. You then assign different materials to the different fills used to make the profile. See:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Creative%20Uses%20of%20Complex%20Profiles

As for horizontal changes, you change the profile.....
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
And for vertical and horizontal changes at the same time, you need to make the shape from out of the wall surface by making another complex profile...
Dwight Atkinson
Djordje
Ace
DDJUSA wrote:
Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone knows how to put two different texture material on a same wall? I a trying to create one single wall where the bottom portion has a different texture than the top part.
I.e. bottom part= stone top part= bricks.

Is it also possible to separate the texture horizontally and vertically at the same time?
Thank you for your help in advance!!

Sincerely,

DDJUSA
Look up Complex profile, as Dwight suggested.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen