Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

How to use a custom image as a floor/wall covering?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good morning,

My tutor showed us how to do this some weeks ago, but his tutorial was quite fast and hard to understand.

I wonder if anyone can tell me how I would use my own image as a wall or floor covering?

Many thanks,

~ M
5 REPLIES 5
rocorona
Booster
Create a new MATERIAL, or modify an existing one. This is done in Options>Element Attributes>Materials

Choose your image as the covering texture, in the TEXTURE panel. Note that the image file must reside in a loaded library (see File>Library and objects>Library manager)

Once created the desired Material, assign it to the element surfaces (MATERIAL panel for the WALL setting window).

You can see the material in the 3D Window, when in OpenGL mode (not with Internal Engine), or in the Fotorender.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Oh thank you so much for a speedy response

That sounds complicated, but thorough! I shall give it a go and see how I get on
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm.. I managed to do SOMETHING, heh.

First of all, I used an existing material (LS-grass green) and made a duplicate, renaming it Moon. I then selected my custom image from my library ('moon'-ish texture) and played about with the sizes and tiling options until I was happy with it.

Now when I apply it to the mesh in 3D view, it works, but when I try to create a render, it's still showing as the grass.

Any ideas what I've done wrong?
rocorona
Booster
Yes. I have intentionally dropped some information, just to not scare you...

I think you did play with internal rendering engine settings, then done the rendering with LightWorks.

Materials have separate setting for LightWorks and the internal engine (in the same window). The preview is is made with the engine chosen in a menu, next to it.
Choose LightWorks, there, then go down and click on "Match with internal engine"

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Brilliant, that worked. This will make things a lot more interesting, thank you!