Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

GDL should be able to reference all view options

Erich
Contributor
It would nice for GDL be expanded to allow us to reference all Model View Option settings (the attached image depicts some that cannot currently be referenced). This would allow the creation of objects that respond to view settings consistent with the way model elements do (such as beams in this instance) making it easier to work with ArchiCAD.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
It makes perfect sense to allow GDL objects to react to these settings.

Essential.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Peter wrote:
Essential.
ABSOLUTELY!
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wish a little do not understand, because you do not speak, do you know about the directive LINE_PROPERTY for lines and status codes 32 and 64 for POLY2_B{2} and POLY2_B{3}.

Lines and fills in GDL may be dependent on the Model View Option. On the screenshot, I mark out the position, on which they may react.

Or do you want to settings for beams and columns were also available for GDL?
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
I believe this has more to do with "Options for GDL Objects" as introduced in AC11, which allows you to program objects to appear differently in Ceiling Viewpoints, than in Floor Plan Viewpoints. For instance, we use this to control the appearance of our Zone Stamps. It would be nice to have the stamp appear differently in other MVOs.
Options for GDL Objects.jpg
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Erich
Contributor
Valery,

Indeed I have not used, nor required, the LINE_PROPERTY directive. It is nice to be made aware of its existence. Unfortunately it does not appear to apply in this case. This wish derived from a rafter object I was scripting that I wished to respond as beams do to the Model View Option (MVO) settings.

There are other work around methods, I am currently using the partial structure display settings available in AC12, but the ability to have parts respond to any of the MVO settings would be preferable.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just been looking at the latest AC13 GDL specification, and it looks like this may have been answered! Library parts will be able to create their own MVOs.

It would be great if one of the beta testers could flesh out some of the details, as it hasn't been mentioned anywhere else yet.

This could have some interesting possibilities for GDL object development.
Karl Ottenstein
Peter wrote:
Library parts will be able to create their own MVOs
Curious where you saw that phrase? Link?

[EDIT: Bummer - a message was posted responding to my question giving a link to a GDL reference document ... but that message and link got deleted. I have been unable to find any documentation for this new feature.]

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Peter wrote:
I've just been looking at the latest AC13 GDL specification, and it looks like this may have been answered! Library parts will be able to create their own MVOs.

It would be great if one of the beta testers could flesh out some of the details, as it hasn't been mentioned anywhere else yet.

This could have some interesting possibilities for GDL object development.
What this new feature is about is that several settings that were so far in individual Library parts are now part of Model View Options Combinations, thereby providing a way to globally set the display of such things.
Among settings that can be set this way are:

Minimal Space for Furnishing
Door/Window Opening Lines in 2D
Door/Window Opening Lines in 3D
Furniture Knobs
Taps
Door Handles and Knobs

So now you can go to the Model View Options Dialog and for example turn off Opening Lines in 3D for all Doors and Windows in your project. This would be good for Building Permit Drawings. Then when you are in CD phase you turn it on and all of them will display these.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
owen
Newcomer
Ah .. now that sounds really good.

I assume all the objects have to be (re)written to make use of these new options .. so older libraries wont work with them. Still a nice little development.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5