Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

creating vertical weatherboards..

Anonymous
Not applicable
i should make it known that i am a relatively newcomer to archicad, so the answer could be in front of me - i would just not know it.
i was wondering how one might go about creating wall profiles with vertical weatherboards visible in 3D. I noticed that the standard walls accessories do not accommodate such a thing and it would be quite an exercise to use complex column profiles when it comes to windows and openings.
Any help would be appreciated..
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
See if this is what you're looking for:
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the help, that's the material, as i understand?
i don't think that's what i'm after. i want to model the vertical profile of weatherboards,preferably as part of the wall. so that it can be detailed in sections/details and what not.
ie. so that the articulation of the boards are visible in 2D and 3D, much like you would with horizontal weatherboards in a complex wall profile. i don't want to just use a fill or apply a surface material that "fakes" this.

i'm sorry if that wasn't made clear.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This thread describes several techniques ranging from SEOs to Polywalls to Library parts -

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=21854
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you get anywhere with your query about vertical cladding @am_jpt ?

Attached is an example from an experiment I'm doing with the curtain wall tool
Carstenem
Expert
There is an easier way + as you mentioned it would be better to use the wall then you can insert windows/doors.

Have a look at my tutorial of how to create a cladding. It is the same principal for what you are after. Hope this helps.

Cheers Carsten
Carsten
www.asmtechbase.com
https://www.youtube.com/asmtechbase

AC 3 to 26 -Windows 7 - 24GB - 8core 4.4Ghz
Lingwisyer
Guru
There was an object made by Hmooslechner that could associate to your wall and be assigned a complex profile to array along it. It was in German and was made a few versions back and I'm not sure if there was an English version or whether it has been updated since... His video regarding it can be found on youtube.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Carstenem
Expert
Ling, this is awesome and I even understand it as I speak German
Carsten
www.asmtechbase.com
https://www.youtube.com/asmtechbase

AC 3 to 26 -Windows 7 - 24GB - 8core 4.4Ghz
Lingwisyer
Guru
Well, if you can still get access to the object, you can report whether it is still usable.
Hmooslechner wrote:
Or if Heimo Mooslechner is still around here.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Szabolcs Miko
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
We can also create a cladding using the Railing Tool, the advantage is, that we can make it associative to other construction elements, therefore, it would adapt to any design changes.
This is a rough example, a fence that I create, but it could be a good example for what you are trying to achieve.

Szabolcs Mikó

Education Program Manager