Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Building on Slope

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey .. i'm new to archiCAD
I have been trying to build on a 1:10 slope .. so i drew this site and the highest point of the slope is 16 and lowest is 0 .. so now to put my buildings on the slope .. i had to raise it to 16m .. now the wall had become dotted .. so then after much searching .. i found the problem was with plan cut plane setting .. so here the problem .. since i'm building on slope and all the buildings cannot have same plan cut level .. i don't know who to solve this problem .. this my college project .. please help me as soon as possible ..
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
You have a few ways of going about this.

The Floor Plan Cut Plan (FPCP) cannot stagger in its cut height. So, to obtain a result that is as if you had a cut plane that stepped up your slope, you can define several different views (each view stores its own cut plane setting). Then, place each of these views onto the same layout sheet ("we" generally call this 'stacking the views (or drawings)' here on the forums). Crop each view to the desired area by editing the clipping polygon, and you should have the result you want.

If there are no complex profiled or slanting elements, you can change the display of your walls, etc to be 'symbolic', in which case the FPCP will be ignored. I suspect you'll prefer the 'stacking' option though.

Good luck with your project,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Arcadia
Booster
Like karl says. Only I would say that the 'symbolic' option for your walls is the better solution if each of the levels of the building are only a few steps different as they are not really 'stories' and you want to be able to show detail across all levels on the one plan and just stacking layouts would be a nuisance for this situation (IMHO). I've done this before and it works well.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
Srinivas
Booster
I think the best option would be to make two stories with their respective floor heights, where the site plan (Mesh goes to the site plan storey) and the floor plan to the floor plan storey. Doing this way he has more flexibililty in displaying the site plan and the floor plan as he can set the floor plan cut plan easily.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot for the replys .. i'll try them out and let you know about the result/doubts ..