Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

ArchiCAD crashes when exporting to Artlantis...

Anonymous
Not applicable
AC12.001 to Atl Studio 2

Just started happening...I click export and it launches the bug reporter, which also crashes. Ive tried saving as a new AC file, moving the location, as well as copying everything to a fresh blank file. Either its something in my model, or I guess something with the plugin...any ideas?
8 REPLIES 8
Karl Ottenstein
Talked about here about once a month...

Generally this involves either (a) a zero-height wall somewhere in the model, or (b) material names that contain punctuation symbols.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.5, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do I have to remove hyphens from every material in AC? Thats the only punctuation I can find, but thats never stopped it before...

Theres no zero height walls either...

Thanks!
Karl Ottenstein
Hyphen (minus sign) is OK. It caused a crash years ago in version 4.0 but finally got fixed.

See:
http://www.artlantis.com/plug-in-for-archicad-12_f-atl_import_us-1222.html

where it was \ / and * for that person. I do not know if there is a definitive list of things that work anywhere. (I believe the vertical bar | works - but it did not a few years ago.)

It might be some other geometric element. So, first, use a bold marquee to clip just a quadrant of your model, view in 3D and see if that will export. If yes, make a bigger marquee, etc. until you find the problem element. If no, make a smaller marquee, or perhaps display just walls, etc.

You may need to save a temporary copy of your AC file and then go into Attribute Manager and delete a bunch of materials to find what works. Once you find the problem, open your real file and correct things.

It is a frustrating thing to troubleshoot and work around whatever the bug is...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.5, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Still no luck...ive gone through every single material and every single object, no matter which one it still does it....ive even deleted everything but one single object, and regardless which one I leave it still crashes
Anonymous
Not applicable
i know you probably have, but have to tried reinstalling the plug in?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I reinstalled the program, but AC has an error message by it for some reason.

However, I found a work-around...if you export WITH the sun object checked (I usually dont since I prefer to get right into Artlantis heliodons), then it works...

very strange...
Dwight
Newcomer
Well, like, it's obvious.
If you save without a sun, Archicad gets all confused like since it can't see anything.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
It does make sense....I just never remember having it on before, apparently I did though. Another day another lesson!