BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

2D Sketch Render a Floor Plan in AC11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a quick way to sketch render a floor plan in AC11? I have found a thread from 2003 describing a way to do this but it involves a plotter (which I don't have) and it is for V.8 & 9. Plus it looked like it would take a long time. Just looking for a quick fix in archicad only - not other programs.
10 REPLIES 10
Erika Epstein
Booster
In your 3D window look straight down on your model.
Document>Creative Imaging>Photorendering settings> choose the Sketch engine.
Render
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Eduardo Rolon
Yes, there is. Please read in the Help file about '3D Cutaway' and '3D Projection Settings'. The procedure is to use the Cutaway to remove the top of the model and use the 3D PS to set the top view. Then render.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
Yes, there is. Please read in the Help file about '3D Cutaway' and '3D Projection Settings'. The procedure is to use the Cutaway to remove the top of the model and use the 3D PS to set the top view. Then render.
Thank you! This worked perfectly.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be great if Graphisoft made a feature, to take a 2d sketch render of a plans or a facade. So it is possible to make a render in specific scale.

Anyone knows if this is going to be implemented in the future??
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can display a Floor Plan in 3D in Top View with unnecessary model part removed by defining a Cut Plane in 3D.
Then you can create a Sketch Render of that Top View.
It will be an image so it will not be to scale, though.

As far as any future features: no one knows or if one does he is probably under a non-disclosure agreement until the actual version comes out.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok. But I would like to have it in 2D, and I think it would be nice with a scale function, so you don't need to put it in photoshop for changing.

Is there anyone which have tried archisketchy from Cigraph, and is it good?
aahatimo
Newcomer
Are there new techniques to sketch render 2d archicad 15 views? Less finished looking for preliminary work.
Thanks!
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
sarahric
Contributor
Raising this issue again. I would like to have a sketch of a 2D plan. The 3D top view and cut plan does not show doorswings, windows - if they are at different heights, overhead fixtures etc. Really needs to be just a sketch ability to any basic view
ArchiCAD 18/Windows 7/16GB Memory/i5 3.2GHz Processor/NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd like to add my voice to this topic too! I'd like a way to present concept design plans to a client in a sketchy format - not too formal.

Changing lines to "sketchy" with graphic overrides just makes it look like I was drunk preparing the drawing!

I've tried photorendering a 3D cutaway view and adjusting photorender settings. I can get windows by adjusting the height of the cutting plane, but sarahric is right - all the "2D" info is lost from the plan (door swings, etc).
Learn and get certified!