Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

How to export Archicad 12 DWG to AUTOCAD

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!

When I save my project, the file as DWG send it to my constructor this happen:

"Yes now I can open the files. But as I can see you have drawn it in 3D, but in my case it openes as 2d, so ground floor plan, first floor plan ad roof plan are on top of each other. I can understand I think how the walls on each floor are situated and so, but unfortunately I cannot separate the windows, so I do not understand where each of them is placed. And I cannot get elevations from the drawings"

How do I do to save DWG as 2D and make it possbile to work with 2D in AUTOCAD?

Best regards

Henrik
AC - 12
2 REPLIES 2
Djordje
Ace
henein wrote:
How do I do to save DWG as 2D and make it possbile to work with 2D in AUTOCAD?
If you need your titleblock etc, publish your workbook to DWG.

If now, publish the views of plans, sections and elevations to DWG.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Ingolf
Advocate
Hello Henrik!

Since you are from Sweden, I have taken a picture directly from my books "Grethes Hus" This is from Grethes Hus 3 for ArchiCAD 12. (Norwegian text) ISBN 978 82 8241 002 1

You click on the Organizer button on Navigator. Then use Publisher Sets, the last (most to the right) of the icons in the Organizer box.

Publisher Sets will make PDF of your Floor Plans, one floor at the time... ...and you may of course choose the DWG format instead of PDF if you wish... take a look at number 1 on the page I show under "03 PDF". Click on "03 PDF" and see the choices..

...of course you have to do some work in the Layout Book first; choose your floors and/or other views and place them on the Layout Sheets... and make a Titleblock.

Good luck!
Ingolf Sundfør, Bricklayer, Author of several Real Life Problem Solving Books for Archicaddicts in Norway.
PC/i7/W11/ArchiCAD 6.5-27