Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone heard something about Archicad 14?

what new or improved features or release date or something?

Thanks
107 REPLIES 107
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, I did.
But I am not allowed to tell.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Yes, I did.
But I am not allowed to tell.
but at least it be worhty? we will get some of the features we have been crying for decades?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Sorry, you will just have to wait and see.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
TMA_80
Enthusiast
well, According to some informations from this forum, We are almost sure about some upcoming and not upcoming features:

the upcoming ones:

- 64bits for Mac
- turning plaster in 3d

and if we are lucky an improved stairmaker...( we've the right to dream 😉 )

What we will not see is: a graphical gdl editor.
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
TMA_80 wrote:
- turning plaster in 3d
What is that?
TMA_80
Enthusiast
actually, it"s not really a feature but a fixed library "bug"

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=162436&highlight=ac14#162436
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
Im waiting for years an included add on just like "objective"
It will certainly be an excelent improvement for archicad 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
In other words nothing new that's useful to the individual. Just new and improved marketing hype so that we can spend our hard earned money to have the latest and greatest only to discover that the bells and whistlers aren't finished all have limited functionality.

Would prefer that Graphisoft take a look at whole of the toolbox tools especially the design elements of the toolbar get an overhaul and add more freeform/3d functionality at least. For a product that promotes its self heavily as a 3d BIM product, it is very limiting working from first fundamentals with having to use a work around (import from Cinema, solid element operation, 3D profile/library parts, or GDL).
Anonymous
Not applicable
brendon wrote:
In other words nothing new that's useful to the individual. Just new and improved marketing hype so that we can spend our hard earned money to have the latest and greatest only to discover that the bells and whistlers aren't finished all have limited functionality.
To be fair, you shouldn't base your opinion of AC14 just on the points mentioned above. Graphisoft never says anything about the new features in the next version of ArchiCAD until shortly before release, so you have no idea what they have planned and whether it is 'marketing hype' or not.

However once the new features are announced, you are absolutely entitled to be cheesed off if there are no improvements to the basic tools.

Personally, I think there will be some good stuff in the next release. The adding of multicore support, 64bit capability, and the complete re-writing of teamworks must have taken up a huge percentage of the time for the programmers over the last couple of releases. Now that's all finished, they can devote their time fully to enhancing existing features and adding new stuff!

I'd like to see an unification of features for all the tools e.g. coverfills, end angles and cutplane sensitivity, better floorplan representation of the effects of SEOs, an updated complex profile tool with individually adjustable skins and a more fluid workflow directly from the floorplan or in 3d, a design option manager possibly combined with in-place editing of modules, and finally the introduction of at least a basic 'relationship' system between certain elements.

Edit - And by 'relationship' I mean where one piece of geometry can be made to move automatically when something else not necessarily connected is moved, like connecting the top and bottom of a wall to the storey levels above and below so when the storey height changes the wall would adjust automatically.

I'm not asking for much!