Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Color construction drawings

David Bearss
Booster
After 10 years my inkjet plotter finally gave out and keeps giving me an endless error message. Just set up my new color plotter and am wondering with the affordability of color printing if offices are starting to incorporate color into their construction drawings. If so what kind of color standards might there be. Simple example might be grey for walls in electrical plan and colors for the electrical.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
25 REPLIES 25
David Bearss
Booster
KeesW wrote:
There was an invitation (some time ago) to present examples contract drawings on this forum. I had some but couldn't condense it sufficiently for this list. Drawings shown are excellent - but how did they get so compact?
Adobe Acrobat has a tool to "Reduce File Size" in the file menu. After creating your drawing set, open the file in Acrobat and run the tool. I have had varied success as sometimes the file actually gets larger. Most often it reduces redundant lines and does shrink file size.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
David Bearss
Booster
GMail accounts are free so someone could even set up one just for this purpose or there may be an easier way to do this if others are interested.

Cheers,
Windows Live has a similar and easy to use set of tools to create documents, share photos, and upload and share files with something like 25 gigs of storage.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
KeesW
Advocate
Gerald and others
I could not get my drawings down to the max size accepted by Archicad-Talk - that is why I didn't submt.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
KeesW wrote:
Gerald and others
I could not get my drawings down to the max size accepted by Archicad-Talk - that is why I didn't submt.
Kees, Yes this is true. The maximum size allowed in this forum is too small for drawings. If you check the posts in below you will see there is reference to different places that you could post your drawings and give others a link as I did. That is the only way to do it unless ArchiCAD-Talk were to set up an FTP site for us. If I have some time I will see if I can set up an FTP folder for people to use that want to upload files.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Kees another site I use sometimes is Acrobat.com which has a Free sign-up and allows you to upload a set of drawings and share the link. I just tried it out and it works well. I have uploaded another set of drawings to my site so you can have a look how it works. This is the link to Acrobat.com https://acrobat.com/#l

Here is the link to the drawing set I just posted to my account.

https://acrobat.com/#d=GSOJ5Yvn*-s3-t0kTPcgZw
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Dave Seabury
Advocate
Color construction drawings here! Just came from the repo shop and they just installed a new hp large format printer that prints color at the same cost as b&w for construction drawings.

Has Jared Banks worked out the color matrix for CD's yet?

David
AC 19-24 Windows 10 64 bit, Dell Prercision 7820, Xeon Silver 2414R ( 12 Cores), 64 GB Ram, Quadro RTX 4000 8GB