Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Angle/Dimension Manual Inputs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just spent heaps of time looking for this, and it is probably right in front of me, but can't figure it out...

If I try to drag an element or copy of an element and I use the manual inputs (such as r=4'-0", A=315), the referencing does not appear to be based on the typical orientaition (zero/360 degrees being towards the right of the screen) and the objects goes to some angle I can't figure out.

What option or setting am I missing?

The user origin moves to the point I click before I manually input the dimension and angle, but the dragging does not seem to follow the values I plug in.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Aloha
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
It behaves differently depending on whether you are using the tracker or the coordinates palette.

The coordinates palette works with 0° on the positive X axis (right). The tracker works as a delta (change) relative to the current angle.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Matthew!

The deltas!... Had been working for a long time in the same AC version and just went through the upgrade and could not figure it out. That's what happens when you work for much too long with templates and everything else "preset", you forget how you got there...

Big mahalo for taking the time to point me back in the right direction!

Patrick