Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Losing Work

kevin b
Contributor
We have a case where a user in a TW2 file has been working while saving but not S/R. At some point there was a crash which resulted in a "weird message" coming up, which they did not do a screen shot of so I don't know exactly what is said. It wasn't the "normal" bug reporter. It was reported that the message said something about uploading to Graphisoft, but they were adamant that it was not the regular bug reporter. When the user restarted, they did not get the open from autosave dialog. Now all of the work since their last S/R is apparently gone. What happened to the autosave data? What happened to all the data that they were saving along the way? What are those files in the TW Data folder?
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry I have no answers for you but I've had similar things happen in the past.... Pretty much as a rule now after a crash and before I restart the project I duplicate the autosave folder onto my desktop then restart the project... If I get the open the autosaved project dialog... no worries I then can delete the duplicate autosave folder, if no then at least I can try other things...

You might duplicate the autosave folder(s) now just in case but I think your data is gone.... Hopefully someone else will have a better answer for you...
Anonymous
Not applicable
BTW Autosave folder location (typical mac)

User/Library/Application Support/Graphisoft/ArchiCAD AutoSave Folder

You get an 'ArchiCAD AutoSave Folder' for each open project and all the files inside are part of that projects autosave. So for the second project you have open the folder name is 'ArchiCAD AutoSave Folder-1' and so on...

These folders are deleted as the projects are successfully closed. They don't appear to be moved to trash so I assume the data is permanently deleted. The folder shouldn't have been deleted during a crash and I believe the folder's presence is what triggers the software to recover...
kevin b
Contributor
In this particular case by the time I got involved they had opened the file and who knows what else so the sequence of saving autosave folders, etc was blown. Usually on crashes I find you are more likely to get the autosave recovery dialog when you close out of any other sessions of ArchiCAD you may have had opened at the time.

But back to your point about the autosave folder, in the TW Data folder, under each project is another autosave folder, so where is the autosave data? And more importantly here, he had been saving all day yesterday, so where did that data go. I am assuming somehow he overwrote the local copy with what was on the BIM server which since there had been no S/R killed all the info.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
Anonymous
Not applicable
See.. I don't know anything about the BIM server and how that effects all of this... Sorry...

BIM server is on my to do list but hasn't happened yet...
Rick Thompson
Expert
I see your on a Mac… If you have Time Machine going you might be able to recover the Autosave folder, or something. If you don't use Time Machine, I highly recommend it. It has saved my asx several times.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display