Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Interior Elevation range....?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Quick question:

why does the column (circled in red at the bottom of the image) appear in this Internal Elevation?

IE is shown as selected, with its bounding line highlighted by arrows in this image.

If I move the IE away from the column to a random location, the column will disappear, but I cannot work how or why.

Thanks,

Mike

Screen shot 2010-04-29 at 3.02.49 PM.jpg
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
Am I correct in thinking that nothing beyond the bounding line (marked with arrows) should show up in this interior elevation?

I'm asking because there are other strange things happening with other IE's, such as a slab edge showing up in an internal elevation, when in fact there are 2 walls and a corridor between the bounding line and the slab edge!!!

I dont get it!!!

Mike
Anonymous
Not applicable
Come on 116 looks and no one has a single comment!!!

What am I missing here?

Mike
Anonymous
Not applicable
The only thing I can think of is that the line indicated by the arrows is the Distant Area boundary, rather than limited horizontal range, but you've probably already checked that.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Fuzz,
there is ain internal elevation marker setting that determines whether cut walls will show or not. [Cut elements>Hide cut elements] It is probably checked and so the wall behind the counter is not showing hence you see the column beyond.

It would have been helpful for you to have posted a screen shot of the elevation.

Do I win a prize
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
So here it is, a year later, and I've got a similar question that I SHOULD already know the answer to... but I don't...

I have a Kitchen (in AC12) where I want to use the ROOM INTERIOR ELEVATION tool to show all 4 sides of the island. So I have to draw my ROOM BOX at the extents of the island and the instead of dragging INTERIORly, I drag the dashed line OUTSIDE...

So depending on which of the 4 elevations I'm looking at, some work fine and others don't..

EXCLUDE VIEW BLOCKING WALLS has no effect (as there are no walls in the island)

If I flip the switch that says USE BOUNDING BOX, 3 of the work and show stuff beyond (which I don't really want) but the 4th elev shows nothing.

Yes, I can get what I want with INDIVIDUAL INTERIOR ELEVATIONS.. but I'm just wondering if someone has figured this out...

Let me know if my explanation is inadequate and I'll work on posting some pictures.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It's reasons like this, and more, why we never use the IE tool.

You're better if with straight elevations IMHO. Save yourself the bother of trying to use the 'correct' tool of which GS has yet again given us only 80% of!

Cheers,
Link.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I do like the Organizational aspects of the IE tool... And they do have the 1 LEG version for me to keep it homogenous... but seems a pain because they DART that I use for ROOMS is NOT available for 1 leg elevations...

Wonder if 15's any better.....
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Not sure about all those acronyms mate, but the IE Tool's organizational structure quickly turns against you once you have to use single IEs because the tool doesn't do what you need.

Cheers,
Link.