Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

DESIGN OCCUPANT LOAD

I would like to have a schedule for calculating the Design Occupant Load per area and dispaly the total of those areas.

I would prefer to use the areas extracted from zones on a certain layer but it could work with fills too.

Can such a schedule be made with ArchiCAD ?

area/300 + other area/100 + other area/500 = Total Design Ocupant Load

Something like that. Do I need ArchiQuant or what ever it's called ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am doing that in a zone stamp... It is taking the area and dividing by the occupant load. Then you can use a schedule and add all the loads per zone together. There is a zone in the depository that does this also.
Thanks.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm noticing that the zone stamps round the value of the occupant calculation down.

The building codes in many US states require the value to be rounded up. Any way to do this?
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can edit the zone stamp to fix this. Whever the calculation is being made for the occupants there is probably the use of the INT function which will take only the whole interger for the occupant load. For example if the claculation works out to 10.234 occupants, INT will return 10. It you replace the INT function with CEIL it will return 11.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hm.
Here's the line, I took out ROUND_INT and replaced it with CEIL

occLoad = STR (CEIL((net_area_val/SqFtPerson)-0.5),1,0)

In a room that is 1,627 sq ft, at 100 sq ft per occupant, the load is being returned as 16, not 17 as is required by code.
Anonymous
Not applicable
StaceyS wrote:
occLoad = STR (CEIL((net_area_val/SqFtPerson)-0.5),1,0)
Try this instead: occLoad = STR (CEIL(net_area_val/SqFtPerson),1,0)

I'm not sure why the .5 was being subtracted from the calculation, but that was changing the value from 16.27 (which with the CEIL would return 17) to 15.77 (which with the CEIL would return 16)
Anonymous
Not applicable
That did it. Thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable
was this tag ever perfected? if so can you share? I need the same type of tag and haven't learned GDL yet... still early in the move from Revit and Adesk.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone have more recent information on how to do this in AC20? Can't find this line of code in the Zone 20 script!