Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

AC10 export to AutoCAD - multiple Dimension Styles generated

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys. I hope that someone can shed some light on this issue, and perhaps offer their expertise on a solution.

My office is working on a project in AC10, of which the client requests all drawings to be converted into AutoCAD.

Everything looks fine, except for dimension problems. In AC10, all dimensions have the exact same properties. However, when exported to AutoCAD, a string list of different DIMENSION STYLES are generated. Also, the dimensions look different. The differences are very subtle, but yet so.

For example, we are using a "slash" to denote the end/intersection point of the dimension lines. The angle of the "slash" looks different when opened in AutoCAD. Also, about a total of 15 different dimension styles were created, when all dimension lines have the same properties in ArchiCAD.

I cannot find anything in the translator setup that controls this, nor can I figure out why so many different dimension styles are generated.

Please help! Thanks in advance.

Shawn
0 REPLIES 0