BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Window Schedule 3D Views

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to use the 3D views of windows as part of the schedule in column view. All is working pretty well except for one thing:

WHen I have a wood apron on the inside of the window, but not on the outside (as when I have got a punched opening in stucco) the schedule image of the inside looks like it has an apron, because there is no wall between the inside and outside of the window to obscure the apron. And at 1/4" you really can't tell whether that apron is inside or outside.

Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
This may be primitive, but have you considered modelling the apron using the slab tool or profiler, but specifying the apron in a spare parameter of the window part?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ian, that could work on a small project, but this is a 39-unit building with hundreds of windows.

For the time being, I've taken the image out of the schedule. Instead, I created a single wall (on a separate project Story I use for miscellaneous stuff) in which I've put one instance of each window. I then show a plan view of this wall (with markers on) and an elevation view right below the window schedule.

Not a bad workaround, but I'd rather have the windows show correctly in the schedule itself.
Erick,

Any chance of using a different pen for the apron? Then you could define a pen set for the schedule that turns that pen white.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Richard, that might be possible, but could be a pretty tricky set-up for an existing model. I guess the exterior trim would all have to be a certain pen that would turn off so that the interior elevation of the window is correct. I've never defined a pen set for a schedule...I'll have to give that a try.
Learn and get certified!