BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Unable to mask with a fill

Anonymous
Not applicable
I guess this would be another ArchiCAD "duh!" question but at least you can call me consistent.

I am unable to graphically mask a bit of roof that I don't want to show in a section-it is actually behind the cut line. You know, a simple solid polygon with no line weight- I guess this is always a "fill" in ArchiCAD-or am I actually wrong on this too?-can't seem to find another tool that would do this.
Selecting 100% solid fill> color> 91 white> send to front. The fill dissappears nicely after completed-kinda hard to then find it and grab it but click and drag does select and then place it and all the elements I wish to mask with it show right through- I've tried several different fill types, colors, the different settings on the fill dialog box... I am stumped once again.

This seems so basic I am a bit embarrassed to even be asking this -but here I am.

Thanks for any help and feel free for a little cyber sighing and eye rolling- I can take it. 😉

Tad

Mac OS 9.
AC10
2 REPLIES 2
Try the pen color that looks like a little computer screen for the BACKGROUND color (of the fill). An Empty Fill is fine for the main hatch pattern.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
That'll do it.

Thanks- and your snickers were very well hidden, I appreciate that.

Cheers
Learn and get certified!