BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

MaxonForm for ArchiCAD 11 is Ready

Tibor Szolnoki
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear ArchiCAD-Talkers,

Let me inform you that MaxonForm for ArchiCAD 11 has been released. The new version has the same feature set as MaxonForm for ArchiCAD 10 and it's fully compatible with ArchiCAD 11. The following language versions are available: International (English), German and Spanish.

The new products can be ordered from your local distributors after October 1st.

MaxonForm for ArchiCAD 10 users can update their Maxonform installation free of charge. The update package can be downloaded from here: http://www.graphisoft.com/support/maxonform/downloads/index.html
Tibor Szolnoki

Product Manager
ArchiCAD Product Management
4 REPLIES 4
owen
Newcomer
Thanks

So how long until the plugin for Cinema R10 is available? Its now only 1 month later than what we were told

And will it work with R10.5 which was just released?
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
__archiben
Booster
owen wrote:
Thanks

So how long until the plugin for Cinema R10 is available? Its now only 1 month later than what we were told

And will it work with R10.5 which was just released?
i thought that maxon had given up on graphisoft creating a fully-blown cinema exporter and made their own. maxon market it as a part of the 'architecture extension kit' . . . but unfortunately you have to pay for it . . .

~/ben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
owen
Newcomer
Yeah we have that - its always up to date with the latest C4D version. Only useful for rendering workflow though. Maxonform is the C4D modeling interface for AC. If only Maxon were responsible for Maxonform..

I'm refering to the Maxonform Plugin (~AU$180) which allows the use of your Cinema4D application rather than buying the Maxonform Add-On (C4D 'Lite' ~AU$850 from memory). GS had based Maxonform (Add-On & Plugin) on C4D R9.5 and never updated it to be R10 compatible.

They have finally updated it to work on AC10/11 but it is still based on R9.5 ... R10.5 is now with us. GS announced an update to the Plugin to make it compatible with R10 available by the beginning of Sept. Who knows when it will be ready given they only just released the AC10/11 updates.

We really want to upgrade to R10.5 for a number of reasons (e.g C4D file XRefs, DWG Import) - but GS performance to date on Maxonform gives me no confidence it will be supported (well maybe by the time we have C4D R12)

I look forward to being pleasantly surprised though
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I feel your pain Owen. I have a version of C4D 10 on my mac and cannot use it with AC10 and Maxonform. I have to go through parallels, into windows and use an older version of C4D. Has GS given any new information on the update? I really hate to complain about this software, but being the only solution to complex modeling I would think that GS would keep it up to date.

Anxiously waiting

macbook pro 15" mactel p2 2.4 2gram AC10 C4D10
Learn and get certified!