Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Splitting workspace for windows and palettes

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm working with two monitors and I have multiple windows (floor plan, sections, 3D window) and palettes open simultaneously and every time starting archicad there is a need to rearrange their position and size once again. What I would suggest is a layout system something similar to Maxwell Render Studio where workspace is fully customizable by splitting it horizontally and/or vertically and assigning whatever windows and palettes to spiltted sections which are also fully scalable. This way there is no empty workspace and everything is automatically docked to each other. In other words it's like automatic tiling.

Screenshot of the Maxwell Render Studios interface:
http://www.maxwellrender.com/img/features/mxst.jpg
At the left top corner of every section(frame) there is a button that reveals a menu from where are available options to split these frames horizontally and/or vertically and also assign a different window or palette to that specific frame.
There is also a demo version available at the http://www.maxwellrender.com
2 REPLIES 2
Thomas Holm
Booster
sinatropus wrote:
I'm working with two monitors and I have multiple windows (floor plan, sections, 3D window) and palettes open simultaneously and every time starting archicad there is a need to rearrange their position and size once again.
I don't understand that. On my machine they stay put and open as I closed them(except the Quicklayers buggy palette 😉 )
If I want the same config for a new project, I can save the workspace and I get the same again. No problem here!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:
sinatropus wrote:
I'm working with two monitors and I have multiple windows (floor plan, sections, 3D window) and palettes open simultaneously and every time starting archicad there is a need to rearrange their position and size once again.
I don't understand that. On my machine they stay put and open as I closed them(except the Quicklayers buggy palette 😉 )
If I want the same config for a new project, I can save the workspace and I get the same again. No problem here!
I tested on the other system and it's working indeed.

But what I'm refereing is that every palette and also a window is dockable. It's just question of comfort.
Nowadays majority of applications are with docking palettes but the way Maxwell Render deals with it is at least for me the most intuitive and convenient approach. And best thing about it is the splittable workspace and that's what this is all about.