BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

A way to remove the F1 Help Shortcut?!?!?

agroni
Booster
Hi there,

I was just wondering if there is a way to remove the shortcut for the F1 Help menu??
I use the F2, F3 amd F4 for other functions and it happens often that i touch the F1 and the Help Window starts. It is very annoying and i would like to remove it! Tried with the shortcuts in archicad but this one is blocked

Can someone give me a hint?
thanx
The BIMster @ AllesWirdGut
Currently: Archicad 26
User since Archicad 6.5 (2001)
15 REPLIES 15
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Nope. It is a non-customizable shortcut. You can check this and others of it's kind by Showing the shortcuts in a Browser, through your Work Environemnt settings. They're at the bottom of the list.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You should give a hint of your ArchiCAD version and operating system first ... on Mac you can override some of these.
agroni
Booster
Juha wrote:
You should give a hint of your ArchiCAD version and operating system first ... on Mac you can override some of these.
I work on Archicad 11 and on Windows XP
The BIMster @ AllesWirdGut
Currently: Archicad 26
User since Archicad 6.5 (2001)
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Juha wrote:
Hi Juha,

Can you please clarify which of the non-customizable shortcuts you can override? I hate giving crap advice.

Cheers,
Link.
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Link wrote:
Juha wrote:
/..... ... on Mac you can override some of these.
Can you please clarify which of the non-customizable shortcuts you can override? I hate giving crap advice.
Speaking only about the F1 key.

Link, Juha is correct, in that on MAC you can assign a shortcut for the F1 key.

I've used this key to Toggle - Set Reference Level for some time now.

There have been other posts I believe, saying that 3rd party apps may be able to override the F1 key in windows.
Maybe someone from the "dark side" will comment
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Thanks Rod

I guess in relation to F1 on a Mac, that makes sense since the shortcut for help is Command+?. But are you actually able to overwrite the Help shortcut? Or overwrite any other non-customizable keys?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Link,
Link wrote:
I hate giving crap advice.
I think that no advice should be given without proper knowledge of the problem -> as you see in this case the platforms differ greatly.

I think that you should update your signature as well as the others who have 'null' signature.

Here are a couple of screen captures of the Mac key customization (sorry for the finnish language).

Customization is made in the 'System preferences' -> 'Keyboard and mouse'. Method works with function keys too.

Hope this helps + all the best regards, Juha
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Juha wrote:
/..Here are a couple of screen captures of the Mac key customization (sorry for the finnish language).
Customization is made in the 'System preferences' -> 'Keyboard and mouse'. Method works with function keys too./..
Juha thanks for the System prefs tip, now that I'm using dell screens it has enabled me to have F14 & F15 to add to my short cut schemes.

Sorry, no images visible, Juha.
Link wrote:
/....I guess in relation to F1 on a Mac, that makes sense since the shortcut for help is Command+?./.....
Link, this is odd, as I've never tried to use that help shortcut in AC 'til now. And using the default WE there is no response to Command+?.
Command+/, is all that is possible by way of key input, but that has no effect at all.

But none of this will help agroni's F1 windows problem.

Finally, have had no need to try overriding any other locked shortcuts.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Rod,
I can confirm your problem isn't local. It doesn't work here either.

Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Learn and get certified!