BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

ZoneLABEL-AbilityToON/OFFadditionalDataDependingOnTheView

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be nice to be able to configure the Zone Label to SHOW/HIDE (DEPENDING ON THE VIEW) additional info as AREA, CEILING, Etc...

So that we could live the Room Name w/ additional data ON where is needed like Floor Plan, Mechanical Plan; and have only the Room Name ON in other drawings where the additional data is irrelevant like Electrical Plans, etc...
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice idea that would save a lot of time!
Essential!
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
For what it is worth, someone with some GDL knowledge could use the (relatively) new GDL options "Story Viewpoint Types" to control the visibility of these information settings with different model views.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
David wrote:
For what it is worth, someone with some GDL knowledge could use the (relatively) new GDL options "Story Viewpoint Types" to control the visibility of these information settings with different model views.
I've done this, allowing for a different display of the Zone Stamp in our RCPs; however, it is really necessary to be able to control the display for all plan types (Code Plan, Composite Plan, Enlarged Plan, RCP, Finish Plan, Furniture Plan, etc.). Perhaps a setting within the current Fills & Zones category of the MVOs?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Laura wrote:
Perhaps a setting within the current Fills & Zones category of the MVOs?
Or to change the Story Viewpoint Type from two options to a pop up list of 5 or so options. I think this feature should be seen as an enhancement of all GDL parts, not just the Zone Tool.

My 2 cents,

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Djordje
Ace
Speaking of zones ... showing the room name when cut, in section.

And why not in 3D too? Grids can be shown in 3D, zones can be shown in 3D, only the zone names are missing ... would be nice if they floated in the middle of the zone bulk, with the option of orienting themselves towards the "camera" of the current view.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not that it matters, but, if zone names were to appear in 3D views I'd like them parallel with the cut plane and centered in the zone section.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Djordje wrote:
Speaking of zones ... showing the room name when cut, in section.
This is a must (and there are a couple of standing wishes on the wish list that I voted for ages ago.....)
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!