Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Window/doors do not show in Custom Profile Wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have created a custom profile wall. Simply perpendicular but with soffit, framing etc.

The windows and doors disappear in plan. They convert to a blue dot? I'm not sure what I've done incorrectly.

I'm in Arch 10 on a mac.

Thanks,

Kurt
26 REPLIES 26
Dwight
Newcomer
That blue dot thing means that the objects aren't loaded in the current library. You'll need to restore your library using the Library Manager.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried that. It only happens in the one wall that I created the custom profile. Could I have done something wrong in the profile?

Kurt Ortley,

AC10
Anonymous
Not applicable
By the way... I did a reload on the library not a restore is that the same thing.

I saved and re-opened. I thought for sure that would fix it but it didn't.
Karl Ottenstein
See this thread:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=127901#127901

Does 'symbolic' help?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried that all.

They show fine in a wall with only a composite.

As soon as I apply a profile to the wall they do not show?

I'm very confused. I'd really like to use my profile as opposed to have to draw all the sections.

I've also noticed that the windows do not show in the perspective even with the wall that is just a composite?

Thank you for you help.

kurt
Karl Ottenstein
This is so unusual, that I don't think our guessing game will make much progress. Select the problem wall, File ... Save Selection as Module, zip the mod file, and post it here so some of us can look at it.

Thanks,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I resolved the fact that it wasn't showing in the elevations or perspective.

It was an ID10T error.... otherwise known as idiot error. I had double walls.

But I'm still can't get my windows, doors, to show in the wall.

I have greater design ability, this is just a little tiny add on "bread and Butter" and a way to learn Archicadd as I transfer from AutoCadd.

Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure if the file was attached. Did you get it?
Karl Ottenstein
Kurt wrote:
Not sure if the file was attached. Did you get it?
No - did you save just one wall as a MOD and create a ZIP? MOD files cannot be posted, hence the zip. Huge files cannot be posted, hence the mod. 😉

Karl