Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Faceted Walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to be able to make walls which are not co-planar. Each wall needs to have only 2 facets. Imagine a square with one diagonal line running across it and the two resulting halves are not co-planar. I'm pretty new to ArchiCAD. Any suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6
Dwight
Newcomer
Like… why?

There are many ways to make irregular forms in Archicad but more information is needed.....
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've attached an example of what I'm talking about. This is an image out of Form Z. Does this help explain what I'm talking about?
Dwight
Newcomer
Fine.
I'll stay polite and not ask why.

This could be done in a number of ways:

Taking a slice out of a wall or

by using a mesh - you move a top node back from the face a bit.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
see the top node offset....
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry for not answering your question before. I am an architecture student and this is part of a project for a design studio. My project has a lot of these "cubes" which are sort of twisted and distorted. The image you show is exactly the end result that I'm talking about. But I may not be able to use that method because I need these to be walls. Just to confirm, you did that using a mesh? Is there any way to keep it as a wall so that I could still punch holes in them for windows/doors?
Dwight
Newcomer
To do this nonsense as a wall, you would want to make a slightly tilted wall, then use another slightly tilted wall to slice the face away slightly in a "Solid Element Operation." SEO.

Take your time and study SEO.

And Complex Profiles, too since the higher modeling functions, as poor as they are, are best achieved through these tricks.
Dwight Atkinson