Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Simple External Drawing Scale Question...

Chris Grantham
Advocate
So I am doing an as-built model based on some drawings I received in .wmf format at 1:100 Metric Scale. Obviously ArchiCAD does not recognize this format so I opened them in Adobe Illustrator and converted to a .dxf format. I then went ahead and placed the drawings via the external content menu and set the unit for (custom) 100 mm, thinking it was a CM after all of this conversion. I think I have done something wrong as this does not scale correctly at all, nor does dropping it in at a 1 meter (way too big). I feel like there is something simple here that I am missing. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
3 REPLIES 3
Eduardo Rolon
The problem might be Illustrator, since it sometimes processes files based on page size and changes the scale.

Also you are assuming that the wmf is correct.

Possible solution is to rescale the vectors exported from Illustrator using the edit -> reshape -> resize, command in AC.

edited to clear up my bad inglish grammar
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Chris Grantham
Advocate
I guess I really don't know that every thing is cool with the .wmf file. Also I am not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to illustrator. When I measure a door width in Illustrator I get approximately .269 cm. I am guessint this should be closer to 1 cm if this is in fact a 1:100 scale.
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
Eduardo Rolon
rescale it in Archicad, it is easier, the command sequence I wrote above applies to AC not to Illustrator.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator