Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Transparency in elevations and 3d

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way I can make some windows and or elements transparent in elevation and 3d and others not.. I know I can do it globally in the elevation settings.. but I just want a selected couple transparent
9 REPLIES 9
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You'll need to put the elements on a layer that is set to wireframe. Check the third column in your Layer settings.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
But windows are not on a specific layer, Link. How would that work?

I would suggest using a non-transparent glass material on the windows you don't want to see through, and using the transparency setting in the elevation tool.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Didn't see the windows. Yes, Stuart's approach is probably the best assuming for windows you didn't want to put them in bits of wall on a wireframe layer!

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
mision to change all teh windows glass. but probably the only way.. cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
GeNOS wrote:
mision to change all teh windows glass. but probably the only way.. cheers
'find and select' is your friend here!
use the eyedropper after you've activated the F&S, and use parameters like elevation, name etc etc to get as close as poss in selecting max no. of windows that you need to change, then it should be less of a task to change the glass assigned material..
Anonymous
Not applicable
GeNOS wrote:
Is there a way I can make some windows and or elements transparent in elevation and 3d and others not..
You could also simply use solid fills with no edgeline in the elevations to make some windows appear solid where necessary. You would have to remember to adjust them manually if the window changes size though.
Djordje
Ace
Assign a material to the glass of the transparent ones that has the transparency. Assign the non transparent material, with otherwise the same properties as the transaprent glass, to the others. Keep the transparency on.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
While we're throwing stuff out there....

You could also create a layer for WINDOW BLOCKOUTS and place little slabs just behind the windows you want NOT TRANSPARENT. Use Layer Combos to toggle this layer on/off to your liking.

Trouble will be if you want some blocked out sometimes and transparent other times.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
vfrontiers wrote:
While we're throwing stuff out there....

You could also create a layer for WINDOW BLOCKOUTS and place little slabs just behind the windows you want NOT TRANSPARENT. Use Layer Combos to toggle this layer on/off to your liking.

Trouble will be if you want some blocked out sometimes and transparent other times.
This is the best for what im trying to achive thanks