Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Separation line between walls?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I have 2 different height walls. One is 900mm height, the other is 3.2m height. I wanna to have a line between these 2 walls but I could not set it. I tried wall end in Wall setting but it doesnt work. Maybe there is something else somewhere.
Please see attached and in the mark-up area.
Please advise,
MAny thanks
7 REPLIES 7
jbArch
Newcomer
This is a poor solution, but usually I just draw a 2D line.

Or you can leave a tiny gap between the walls, say 1/16" or 1mm.
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Mac OSX 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM, 500GB SSD
Erika Epstein
Booster
There are a number of ways to do this, which solution may depend on the specifics of your walls
1. put walls on different layers and have different intersection numbers/
2. If one wall is below the cut plane, it will appear looking down on it and give you the correct look.
3. Different floor plan displays e.g. one wall is cut through the other symbolic.
4. or it could be as simple as checking the Wall End Lines setting in the floor plan and section tab.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi all,
Many thanks for all of your inputs. My case is two walls on the same flr.
Cheers,
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Erika wrote:
There are a number of ways to do this, which solution may depend on the specifics of your walls
2. If one wall is below the cut plane, it will appear looking down on it and give you the correct look.
3. Different floor plan displays e.g. one wall is cut through the other symbolic.
4. or it could be as simple as checking the Wall End Lines setting in the floor plan and section tab.
5. The Wall fill can be duplicated and that duplicate can be assigned to one of the Walls.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Rod Jurich
Contributor
laszlonagy wrote:
Erika wrote:
5. The Wall fill can be duplicated and that duplicate can be assigned to one of the Walls.
6. Have the reference lines NOT connect. Place one opposite.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Djordje
Ace
Rod wrote:
laszlonagy wrote:
Erika wrote:
6. Have the reference lines NOT connect. Place one opposite.
PS. Rod's solution is the simplest one.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,
Many thanks for all of your input. All are helpful.
Cheers,