Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

semi-recessed sink

Anonymous
Not applicable
having a problem creating a cabinet with a semi recessed round/oval sink for the bathroom. we design interiors with lots of these so I really need help with this. None of the current cabinets are semi recessed except for the belfast which is actually sqaure and not round.

also I was experimenting with cutting a hole into a wall with a beam using solid elements operation and there are no options to remove beam after so you can't see it, they always have to be connected.

wallhole also didn't do what I wanted

any help will be appreciated
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
kris_OB wrote:
also I was experimenting with cutting a hole into a wall with a beam using solid elements operation and there are no options to remove beam after so you can't see it, they always have to be connected.
Hide the beam in a layer that can be turned off.
If you delete the beam you are deleting the SEO.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you! i feel a bit stupid now, that was a bit obvious.
Anonymous
Not applicable
australian essentials library part "vanity bench" does semi recessed. just change the depth of the cabinet to the depth u want and the sink will poke out the front and be semi recessed
Anonymous
Not applicable
would be helpful if.. the sink were facing hte right way in the floor plan when you recess it. I don't know if that's the messed up script in my download.
Anonymous
Not applicable
facing the right way?? have you got the whole vanity in backwards?
post a screen shot.

works fine for me.. 90% of my jobs have it