Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Roof edge visibility

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

If I connect two roofs, or just look at one roof, I always see the top edge line of the roofs.
But sometimes I want to show where the edge between two roofs are indoor, in this case, the bottom edgeline of roof.

What I want is a button where I can select show top / bottom edge line in roof toolsettings.
8 REPLIES 8
Thomas Holm
Booster
How about voting yourself?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I presume this is to do with the limitation that roofs only display their top surface on plan, regardless of whether the edges would actually be visible or not due to the thickness of the roof and the angles of the edges.

If this option was enabled, I would want to be able to use the pet-palette offset edge adjustment on these lower edges (as well as the top edges) in order to adjust an opening to properly line up with something below. At the moment you can't do this without going to the section and marking the required top surface edge position with another piece of temporary geometry, then going back to the plan and stretching the edge to meet it.

This would be a really useful option to have in future, in my opinion.
roof_thickess_plan_display.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:
How about voting yourself?
To late for me that day, my brain get ideas that time but can't do it right or something like that

And I agree with Peter too...
Anonymous
Not applicable
TurboGlider wrote:
What I want is a button where I can select show top / bottom edge line in roof toolsettings.
See more desire.
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=27396
There I found the button with more opportunities than just showing the top / bottom.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Valery wrote:
See more desire.
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=27396
There I found the button with more opportunities than just showing the top / bottom.
I've voted on that long ago, that's a nice wish. But use that function to make what I want to do will take too much time.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have carefully read your desire without an translator and understand it. Indeed, my proposal was inappropriate.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Valery wrote:
I have carefully read your desire without an translator and understand it. Indeed, my proposal was inappropriate.
My english isn't that good neither, I guess it's closer too russia than to england from here, but not sure.
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
There is a bigger topic that there simply needs to be more control of the roof outlines on other stories. For most buildings with a hip roof, I only want the dashed eave outline to show on the floor plan. However, by default, the ridge/valley lines also show. The typical solution is to turn off the roof layer in the floor plans, and draw a line manually, but that defeats the purpose. You can also have the eave soffit reflect the eave edge, but many designs have exposed roof construction, so there is no soffit. We just need some controls in the roof tool.
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB