Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Calculating average height of a trimmed zome

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody, I was wondering if there's a simple way to have ArchiCAD to calculate the average height of a zone that has been trimmed by a roof (an attic, for example).

Thank you!

Enrico
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Hi,

I don't see a standard parameter for average zone height, but maybe it is there and I am blind.

You could write a custom zone stamp that divides the volume by the area (maybe there is one?) ... or you can just export your schedule to Excel and do the math there (less ideal - more steps).

See screenshot of schedule showing zone area, volume and height. Height shows as just untrimmed height as you've seen. With the schedule visible, do File >Save As and save as a text file. (You can also publish schedules to text files via Publisher if there are many.)

In Excel, just do the math ... next screenshot.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
...and then Excel or OpenOffice (since we cannot do math in ArchiCAD schedules - a long-standing wish)...
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thaks a lot!

Enrico
Karl Ottenstein
Glad that helped. I forgot something essential, but hopefully obvious - flu/something still has my head pretty foggy:

The simple formula below only works if the sides of the zone are vertical and there are no partial subtractions from the zone mass.

Cheers,
Karl