BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Vray Rendering

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a new conference room interior I finished. I used Archicad 12, Sketchup 6, and Vray for Sketchup. Any comments or critiques are most welcome.

Render and setup time was less than a day. Render time 30 min.

Justin

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
looks like someone has put your latest design through the shredder.

id hate to be the cleaning lady.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Beautyful....! Nice Work....
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the kind repsonses. I am in the process of re-rendering with a few adjustments.

Justin
Anonymous
Not applicable
The scenes background is to dominant, the room is beautiful but the eye goes to the windows.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Justin,

Nice render, I love the light wash on the walls. However, Elsewhere on this forum people claim you can't get an AC file to work in Vray. You obviously are doing it. So what is the process? Do you export to an intermidiary file format or has vray created a plugin or perhaps just reads the AC files.

Thanks,
Mark
Anonymous
Not applicable
I exported the Archicad model to a 3ds file. In Sketchup I opened the file and resized it to a scale of 39.42. This gave the closest result without fooling with the scale too much. The rest is using Vray for Sketchup. Thanks for the comments!

Justin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Justin,
Thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate your sharing the details of how you got AC & Vray to dance.
Mark
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a project I just completed. It was a simple house addition. It is in the process of being constructed. I wish Vray could be integrated with Archicad in some way.

Justin

Lipi
Participant
Very nice renderings, I do wish I caould make them myself!
My comments would be:
-in the top view I'd hide the celiling fan, it looks out of place for me, like something on the coffe table
- the view of the living room: the outside is way too bright and strong, it dominates over the interior. Same with the tv - sports also doesn't seem to go with the tranquility the room conveys. The reflections on the secutity glass of the fireplace kill the fire, I'd bet it'd look much better if the fire was the focal point instead of the tv.
- The iMac material isn't grainy at all, it's just brushed aluminium. (could be the result of making the picture smaller, but that's what popped out). Also the startup screen clashes with the overall colour scheme you use.
-the plants are a bit too neon green for my taste, they almost look like plastic

These are just cosmetics, but they would probaly make the renders stand out even more. Good work overall!
ArchiCad 22, Sweden
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
HP ZBook 15u / Intel Core i7 8:e gen. 8550U / 1.8 GHz (4 GHz) / 8 MB Cache
AMD Radeon Pro WX 3100 / Intel HD Graphics 620, 2 GB
Learn and get certified!