Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to create a wall like this??

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want/need to create a wall like this one. I suppose it is possible with alpha channel, but I would like to have it in the model, for front and sections views. Some kind of boolean substraction?? Of course I should have to see through it.....

Any help??
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
have you tried 'text 3d' and beams. heres a 2 min effort.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Or use Complex profiles
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, text3d is fine and fast....
I'm not sure how could I do it with complex profiles. It is a quiet long text and it wouldn't be clean enought, at least if I'm not missing something...

Thank's anyway to all of you
Anonymous
Not applicable
For complex file you must change the letters into fill.
This work you can do first with adobe illustrator. Than you can import this file into AC.
I would do such like wall with complex file. It is much more flexible and construction.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Markus wrote:
For complex file you must change the letters into fill.
This work you can do first with adobe illustrator. Than you can import this file into AC.
I resolved it with 3d text, as it was a very urgent delivery (a contest).

Anyway i would like to understand it deeper. The problem I find with complex profile, is that it would be hardly modificable, for instance if the wall is shorter than at the beginning, all the text should scroll down.... I think it would be also hard to different color any word....
any way I will give a try
Anonymous
Not applicable
If I am reading your previous statement correctly, I would believe complex profiles will actually *benefit* you more if the wall height changes. Because in (complex) Profile Manager, you can set your vertical stretch restrictions and if you adjust your wall height to be taller or shorter, the "text" will adjust proportionally. This may be complicated for a beginner, but there is a way to set your 3D text, then copy/paste/explode those elements into 2D in which you can use the magic wand to quickly infill the letter shapes with fills. As for variations of color, I believe you can select your fills and assign different materials to those. EDIT: Just tried this quickly myself and it appears that the material assignment was to the sides only.

Whereas if you had multiple elements of Text 3D and beams, you will have to select each one, adjust heights, and vertically relocate each one as well.

However, since you said it was a contest and time was of the essence, Text 3D and beams may have been quicker for a one time input only with no future modifications.

Just my two cents...HTH