Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Schedule IFC info

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you know if you can schedule IFC parameters using the schedules in v13? I have incoming Tekla models with assembly information found in the IFC properties. I would like to schedule the translated objects based on those parameters. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Ben Ferrer
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do the parameters show up in the parameter list of the imported part? If so it should be easy, if not it's likely to be difficult to practically impossible.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately I need the IFC info found in the IFC section of the object dialog box, not the parameter section. This section is not displayed by default.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Erika Epstein
Booster
When you have IFC set to show in tool box settings (Work Environment setting), you will get a tab in the settings box cmd/ctrl+T for IFC. Here you will find the IFC element Attributes and properties for listing.

Then, when creating a schedule, add the IFC parameters Scheme Settings>Fields>Additional Parameters>
1. For building components like walls, doors ects: [under folder view] IFC_common.apx> pick an object similar to what you have in your project and select and add the listing parameters you want.
click the ADD button.
2. for objects go to the AC Library folder>Object Library 13.lcf and select for example a chair in the furnishings section.
Under Available parameters you can select those you want to list.

back under each object you want listed, on the IFC tab you need to fill in those same listing parameters and then you will see them in the schedule you have just created.

HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
That is so close to what I am looking for. But I don't get how I can schedule the info in the IFC section. See attached. The Pset info.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Just click on the down arrow(s) on the left and it will open its subset menu.

By the way, I have a version of my work environment with IFC enabled and then my regular one without as IFC does slow things down on my computer.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"