Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Nested X-ref

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to do the following ...

the MEP guys are using ACAD. will send them DWG files and they add their stuff there . in my Archicad file, will have "views" for their drawing that includes the architectural elements , and the MEP elements ( layers) from the DWG file provided by them.

Now my plan is that I publish the plans in DWG (lets call it A.dwg) . they start a new file x-ref ( B.dwg) and x-ref what I have sent them (so their file B.dwg will have A.dwg as an x-ref) ( so they are updated whenever I publish a new set of plans ) ... and in my ArchiCAD file I X-ref back their file (B.dwg)( to be also updated whenever they change their designs ) .

However I want to be able to x-ref just the element that they added (i.e HVAC lines and layers that are part of B.dwg ) .. without the nested X-ref (architectural A.dwg) file that I sent them to start with . I am not able to do that .. whenever I x-ref their file (B.dwg) it appears with all the elements that are shown in X-ref manager as a nested x-ref. ( B.dwg and A.dwg as sub x-ref)

wow ! that was a potential tongue twister !" an X-ref in an X-ref that are linked to an X-ref) !

any Ideas ?
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
hmm..overlay is the answer !?

I think I am fine then ..