Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Profile Manager - Horizontal and Vertical Stretch

Llian
Advocate
how many horizontal and vertical stretch lines can a profile can have? I tried adding lines but they are drafting lines but not stretch lines.
I've duplicated an inverted T-beam to create a footing 24" x 8" x 8 with 8" foundation wall from the 'original' profile. the original profile has 2 vertical and horizontal stretch lines bu that doesn't stretch the foundation wall.

baby stepping......and not giving up yet!
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
As far as I know its 2 only for each of the vertical and horizontal stretch. You may consider 2 separate complex profiles. Is the inverted T likely to change in its height. If not then you can move the horizontal stretch lines up to the wall and then this will be able to be stretched.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The stretch is limited to one pair each way. Naturally whatever is between the lines will stretch and the rest will not. This limits the function mostly to parallel (or sometimes evenly sloping) sections of the profile.

If you need multiple discrete details (like brick coursing or bevel siding) there are two approaches. One is to make one profile to the largest size needed and use SEOs to trim to the smaller cases. The other is to make multiple profiles.