Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3D Window

Brett Brown
Advocate
Hi All, What's changed in the 3D window process in AC12 from AC 11? My problem is that I saved 3d Window views from the project map into the view map. All good until I marquee a portion of the building,right click,pick "show selection/marquee in 3D". I see what I have marqueed, good. Then I double click on saved views and every single one has changed to the marquee view. Same thing happens if I select a single object to look at in the 3D window. Then all my saved views have changed to the single object view. Has the process changed for saving a 3D view?
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
3 REPLIES 3
Erika Epstein
Booster
If you are now in 12 (your signature does not show this) there is a new 3D screen capture view. In the 3D window when you have a 3D view you want to save, right click and choose
Capture Window for 3D document

In the Project map there is a new 3D Viewpoint category. These can be saved as views like any other viewpoint.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Brett Brown
Advocate
Thanks for that Erika, (12 Demo, 12 standard template)Wasn't 3D documents I was after. Just 3D views from the "3D" folder in the project map. The Generic Axonometry and Generic Perspective saved views in the View Map. As soon as you marquee an area, those saved views change to the marqueed area. Doesn't happen in 11.
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Djordje
Ace
Hmmm ...

They are Generic, right? You did not redefine them?

If you redefine them, does this still happen?

Please state the usual details in your signature!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen