Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

fault?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm just a beginner and have this at the moment jumping on the screen constantly:The top and bottom polygon are intersected
at line 680 in the 3D script of file WindowSillTrim.gsm.
How fix it? thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Djordje
Ace
Aurimas wrote:
I'm just a beginner and have this at the moment jumping on the screen constantly:The top and bottom polygon are intersected
at line 680 in the 3D script of file WindowSillTrim.gsm.
How fix it? thanks
Some of the parameters of your window are wrong. It is a good practice to check the 3D view of the window library part after you set the parameters and before you place it - if there is a problem it will not show.

Check your parameters and you will see what is wrong.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
but how do you know wich window is provoking the problem?
Anonymous
Not applicable
in.volve wrote:
Use the marquee tool to select half the building on plan. Press F5 to open this the selected area in the 3d window. If the error message stops, you know that the window with the error is in the other half. Keep repeating using smaller areas to narrow it down.

Hope that helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
in.volve wrote:
... Press F5 to open this the selected area in the 3d window. ...

Hope that helps!
Note for Mac users - F4 is the default for "Show selection / Marquee in 3D"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ahh, well spotted Stuart. Thankyou!
Anonymous
Not applicable
The thing is my error occurs only the first time I open the 3D or section window! Wich means opening several windows with the marquee wont reveal the error! Isn't there a way to track the window object by the reference that appears in the error description?
Anonymous
Not applicable
in.volve wrote:
The thing is my error occurs only the first time I open the 3D or section window! Wich means opening several windows with the marquee wont reveal the error! Isn't there a way to track the window object by the reference that appears in the error description?
Yes, if it gives the ID of the element with the problem (something like WD - 015) you can do a 'find and select' by ID. You can do this for each individual storey on plan, or in the 3d window to search the whole building at once.

You need to make sure you enter in the ID exactly as displayed, including capital letters and spaces otherwise it wont find anything.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The error says "line 680 in 3D script" and "WindowSillTrim.gsm".
I don't know how to look for something like this!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
The 'windowsilltrim.gsm' is a macro called by all windows so it doesn't help you really to narrow it down.

If the error only occurs when you first open the 3d window, can you try closing the 3d window with the cross at the corner and relaunching it afresh. Does the error occur every time it reopens like this?

If it does, you could use this method in conjunction the marquee technique I described to narrow down the faulty window.

You could also try saving the file to a temporary name and delete individual windows until the error stops.