Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Why Dimentions are static in Int. Elevation?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you know why all kinds of Dimentions are static in Int. Elevation?

Every time I move an element in plan I have to go t each InteriorElevation view, delete the old Dimentions and make new ones!
16 REPLIES 16
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Kliment, I tried this by dimensioning Walls and Windows in IE, then moving both windows and walls on the Floor Plan and the dimensions remained associative in the IE.
I think at the moment of dimensioning, if you have the square shaped little marker at the clicked point, that dimensioned point will not be associative. Is it possible that you dimensioned points that cannot be associative?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
rocorona
Booster
I think you can get real associative dimensions, for objects, only using the 3D hotspots scripted in GDL. Although sometime ArchiCAD shows auto-generated hotspots that give the "round" sign while dimensioning, but are NOT associated.

And -if I'm correct- the quote is associated to the UnID value of the HotSpot, and this is one of the reasons for having them scripted with unique identifier.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
I suppose the problem is in the 3D hotspot! I have scripted one of the middle hotspots, but it is an ordinary hotspot without ID. It appears in Int. Elevation but dimentions read it only as static.

I could not understand how to manage the editable hotspots with their unID, paramReference and flags. Please, can someone help me with these? The hotspot I scripted is:

hotspot 0,0,0

and I need it to show the vertical position of the object.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the 3D script of the object:
3d hotspot 2.gif
rocorona
Booster
Simply, add (a comma and) a number after the tree parameters. That's all. I did a test with this very short script:
BLOCK a,b,zzyzx
HOTSPOT a*1/3, 0, zzyzx/2
HOTSPOT a*2/3, 0, zzyzx/2, 1000
and the image shows what I get when dimensioning.

If you have more than one HS in the SAME SCRIPT, use different numbers.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
So, it was THAT easy!
Thank you, Roberto!
vistasp
Advisor
Advanced hotspots confused the heck out of me at first but once I understood the basics I was a lot more comfortable.

When it comes to numbering them, it always better to declare a value and them increment them each time as in the 2D example below.

unID=1                                                ! always declare the first unID 
HOTSPOT2 0,   ver, unID, hor,	1+128  : unID=unID+1  ! base
HOTSPOT2 -1,  ver, unID, hor,	3      : unID=unID+1  ! ref
HOTSPOT2 hor, ver, unID, hor,	2      : unID=unID+1  ! move horizontally
HOTSPOT2 hor, 0,   unID, ver,	1+128  : unID=unID+1  ! base
HOTSPOT2 hor, -1,  unID, ver,	3      : unID=unID+1  ! ref
HOTSPOT2 hor, ver, unID, ver,	2      : unID=unID+1  ! move vertically

To get a good understanding of how they work, try (apart from the manual) selfgdl.com

http://www.selfgdl.com/3d_elemente/diverse/HOTSPOT/kompendium.php

http://www.selfgdl.com/2d_elemente/eingabe/HOTSPOT2/kompendium.php (The example object on this page taught me a LOT!)

Hope this isn't information overload! 😉
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you too, Vistasp!
Nice example! I'll have it mind!
Rod Jurich
Contributor
vistasp wrote:
/.......
To get a good understanding of how they work, try (apart from the manual) selfgdl.com/.........
Vistasp, how did you translate from German?
Did you use a translator and if so what is the name of the software?
Or do you speak German too
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |